Every Tuesday the Rotary Club of Bixby has the finest lunch programs in the area. We enjoy wonderful meals, as well as informative and entertaining speakers.
We meet at Michael V’s Restaurant located in the Palazzo Shopping Center at 103rd & Memorial.
Contact any Rotarian or listed officer about attending a Rotary Club of Bixby meeting.
Contact scholarship chair Bob Weatherbie at xxxxxxxxxx
CLICK TODownloadPDF versionThe Rotary Club of Bixby
Service Above Self Scholarship
The Rotary Club of Bixby is offering four (4) Scholarships in the amount of Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00) each to Four (4) high school graduating students who are continuing their education at a college/university or vocational school.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship a student must meet the following criteria:
1. The four (4) Rotary Club of Bixby scholarships will be awarded with preference given to some or all of the following;
a. Active member of an Interact Club for a minimum of one year prior to application and have attended at least 50% of scheduled meetings as verified by the Interact Club Secretary or the club’s Academic Sponsor;
b. A child whose parent is an Oklahoma School Teacher or Oklahoma First Responder and is attending Bixby Public High School.
c. participates in at least three (3) community or international service projects sponsored by Interact and or Rotary such as but not limited to the Four Way Test Speech Contest, MSNI work day, the Big Event, BBQ and Blues Festival, volunteer at the Bixby Outreach Center, etc. Please provide a list of projects in which you have been involved;
d. Demonstrate Rotary’s motto of “Service Above Self” and the Rotary “Four Way Test”. Please describe how you will carry these principles forward in daily life both at work and in your community;
FOUR WAY TEST
• Is it the TRUTH?
• Is it FAIR to all concerned?
• Will it Build GOODWILL & BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
• Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Please attach a short (no more than 500 words) essay.
e. Has a GPA of 3.00 or above with an ACT of 19 or above or equivalent SAT score;
(The Rotary Club may grant an exception)
f. Be accepted to an accredited 2 or 4 year college/university or vocational school;
2. Priority will be given to a student who:
a. Demonstrates a commitment to leadership skills development through participation in the Rotary Youth Leadership Action (RYLA) Camp; (The Rotary Club offers camp scholarships to cover your entire cost to attend)
b. Has Financial Need. Please describe your need such as student loans, necessity of maintaining part time employment, and if you qualify for Oklahoma Higher Learning Access Program;
c. Is a child or grandchild of an active Bixby Rotarian who has been a member for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years and is a Paul Harris Fellow.
This will be a two (2) year, One Thousand dollar ($1,000.00) per year scholarship in the amount of Five Hundred dollars ($500.00) per semester payable to the recipient and his/her school.
To remain eligible for the per semester payments the scholarship recipient must also agree to:
1. Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or above each semester;
2. Earn a minimum of twelve (12) college credit hours per semester;
3. Promptly provide the Bixby Educational Endowment Fund with official transcripts after each semester;
4. Agree to provide to the Rotary club Scholarship Chairperson a current personal email address including any future changes for the purpose of tracking scholastic progress and scholarship criteria effectiveness. The Rotary Club Scholarship Chairperson and their contact information may be found on the Club’s web site http://www.bixbyrotaryweb.com/;
5. Respond to any Rotary Club of Bixby Scholarship surveys;
If any one of the above requirements is not met the remaining scholarship balance will be forfeited and no longer be available to the scholarship recipient. The remaining funds will be made available to future scholarship applicants.
A recipient who is planning to seek a four year undergraduate degree from a college or university may request a scholarship deferment for up to two years provided the recipient is continuously enrolled in an accredited community college or technical/vocational school and all credit hours from the community college or technical/vocational school are transferrable.
Furthermore the recipient requesting a deferment, as described above, may also apply for book reimbursement up to $200.00 per semester for the first year. The eligibility for the book reimbursement will follow the same requirements listed above for the main scholarship.